Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Nana’s chewie Pumpkin Spice Cookies are delicious. They are easy to make. And are an ideal way to celebrate fall.
|½ cup||butter (softened, preferable to room temperature)|
|1 cup||granulated sugar|
|½ cup||brown sugar (packed)|
|½ cup||pumpkin puree (homemade)|
|1 teaspoon||vanilla extract|
|2 ½ cups||all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon||baking powder|
|1 teaspoon||baking soda|
|2 teaspoons||ground cinnamon|
|½ teaspoon||ground nutmeg|
|½ teaspoon||ground cloves|
|½ teaspoon||salt (optional if you use salted butter)|
|2 tablespoons||granulated sugar (for sprinkle)|
|1 teaspoon||ground cinnamon (for sprinkle)|
Nana’s Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl use a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment to beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until blended. Beat in the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix together with a large spoon until combined.
- Drop the dough onto a prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly brown around the edges. Allow cookies to slightly cool before serving. Serve warm, unless you prefer them hard.