These vegan peanut butter cookies are the real deal. They are chewy, not as sweet as regular cookies, and most of all, they are delicious. NB: I did not build this recipe. However, I did make some modifications to make it vegan.
How to make my vegan peanut butter cookies:
You will need the following ingredients
- One cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- One tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (any plant based milk will do)
- One cup all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Work peanut butter, sugars and vanilla extract until the mixture is light and fluffy. In corporate the almond milk. In a second bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat gradually until combine.
- Add flour mixture to the peanut butter and sugar mixture. Stur untill fully combined.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of batter into balls. Place 2 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350° Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire cooling racks to cool completely.