My vegan cranberry and oatmeal cookies are delicious. Not too sweet and not too salty. Crispy on the outside but slightly chewy in the center. And most importantly, they are nutritious. These vegan delights are perfect to snack on any time of day.
How I make my hearty vegan cranberry oatmeal cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk, (I use Almond milk)
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (I use ¾ cup bread flour and ¾ all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup Old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt, (I left the salt out)
- 1 cup dried cranberry
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add nondairy milk along with vanilla and almond extract. Stir well until combined.
- Add flour in thirds along with baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined into a thick dough. Fold in cranberry. Fold in oats.
- Form tbsp size balls and space evenly on a baking tray. Use a spoon or your fingers to flatten the balls. Leave room for cookies to spread.
- Allow cookies to bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow cooling a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.