How to make a delicious banana bread.
Don’t throw out your over-ripe bananas, use them to make yourself a delicious banana bread. See my recipe below.
Two cups all-purpose flour
One tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
One stick unsalted butter, melted
One cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup applesauce (or sour cream)
One tsp. vanilla extract
Three ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350º. Prepare a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, mix butter, sugar, eggs and sour cream, (or applesauce), and vanilla. Add mashed bananas. Stir until combined. Gradually add dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, raisins, and walnuts. Pour batter in your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake batter for one hour or until a toothpick which you inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in the baking pan for ten minutes before transferring it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.