How I make my vegan banana muffin cake.
This simple banana muffin cake is delicious. It is easy to make. And most important of all, it is right for you. Aside from being delicious, it is vegan, plant-based, and dairy-free. Feel free to add to or subtract from the recipe.
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- One tablespoon cinnamon powder
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon ground or grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 molasses
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (I used peanuts)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then prepare an 8-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, old fashioned oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- Next, melt the coconut oil together with the maple syrup. And in another bowl, combine the maple syrup and coconut oil mixture with the mashed banana, applesauce, and molasses.
- Next, you will combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Stir constantly until a smooth batter form. Then, use a spatula or a wooden spoon to fold in the chopped nuts.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the dough comes out clean (be sure to reverse the pan halfway through the baking time). Allow the cake to cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes, then remove it to a cake stand to fully cool.