This easy to make chocolate cake is plant-based, no eggs, no butter. It is moist and absolutely delicious. It only takes 40 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- One cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- One teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One cup of cold water
- Six tablespoons of Vegetable oil
- One tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- One teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Set oven to 350° Fahrenheit and allow it to preheat. Prepare a 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift your dry ingredients together. Then set aside.
- In another bowl, combine water, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until there are no lumps (this should take about one minute).
- Pour batter into a prepared pan. Bake cake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan and frost, glaze, or dust with powdered sugar.