How I made my best chocolate chip cookies
These delicious chocolate chip cookies are my best. They are gooey in the center and chewy around the edges. They are non-dairy and mostly plant-based. I guarantee you will enjoy them. Here is how I made them:
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon baking soda
- Two large eggs
- Two teaspoon vanilla extract
- One cup chunky chocolate chips
- One cup raisins
- Whisk together the following ingredients in a medium bowl, and set aside: flour, salt, and baking soda
- Then, in a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar and the granulated sugar. Make sure to break up any lumps. Next, add the vegetable oil and whisk for about 2-3 minutes, until fully incorporated.
- Next, add both eggs and the vanilla extract to the sugar and oil mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined. Be sure not to forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure everything is mixed in properly.
- Then, combine flour mixture with sugar mixture. Stir well.
- Let the dough to chill in your refrigerator for at least two hours before scooping.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375ºF (185°C).
- Use a 1/4 cup to drop the cookie dough on a prepared baking sheet.
- Give each cookie about two inches of space to spread.
- Bake dough for about 10-12 minutes, or until each cookie starts browning around the edge. Resist the temptation to bake for longer as you will overcook it and lose that gooey center.
- Let cookie cool on the sheet for 5 minutes then enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.