Tease your pallet with a slice of my mouthwatering apple yogurt cake. You can enjoy it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, a glass of milk-plant-based or dairy. It even goes pairs well with yogurt. Yum, yum!
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) kosher salt
- Two large eggs (110 grams out of shell), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 ml/grams) vegetable, or canola oil
- One cup (180 ml/grams) lite+
- yogurt, at room temperature
- One teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) pure almond extract
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
How I make my first apple yogurt cake.
Set your oven’s to a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit. And allow it to preheat. Next, butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, an 8-inch round baking tin. Then line the bottom with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In another bowl, mix or whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Stir in the sugar. Then, add half of your wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir well. Then add the other half. Stir until just combined. Pour the batter gently into the prepared pan, and smooth off the top with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula.
Peel and core, and cut the apple into small cubes. Lay the apple cubes on top of the batter. Be sure to overlapping slightly.
Sprinkle apple cubes with about 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar.
Bake batter for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer cake to a wire rack. Allow cake to cool completely before serving. You may serve plain or with whipped cream, ice cream.