How I make the best whole wheat banana muffins:
Don’t throw away your over-ripe bananas. They are perfect for making moist and delicious muffins. They are easy to make, and you do not need expensive equipment.
- One cup mashed over-ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Two eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup molasses
- One tablespoons nutmeg
- Heat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Then grease the bottoms of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. You could also use paper muffin cups as I did.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer set to medium speed, beat bananas, brown sugar, molasses, oil, and eggs. You can also mix with a wooden spoon. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until flour just moistened. At this point, you may fold in any nuts or fruits you wish to add.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. And sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar. Bake muffins for 13 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from pan immediately.