How I make my sweet potato muffins
Today’s recipe is sweet potato muffins. They are delicious and comforting. The sweet potato is a versatile food. It is a high calorie food, but it is rich in vitamin A, and beta carotene
- 1/4 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup cold mashed sweet potato
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- One egg
- three tablespoons vegetable oil
- One tablespoon molasses
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon baking powder
- One teaspoon grated orange peel
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. And grease a twelve medium muffin cups baking pan. Or line the pan with paper cups.
Combine milk, egg, oil, vanilla extract, sweet potato, sugar, and molasses in a large bowl. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
Combine the dry ingredients and orange peel. Whisk mixture well, then add to the liquid mixture. Stir until dry ingredients incorporate—spoon batter into twelve muffin cups. Bake batter for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or when a tooth inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.