1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour divided
One teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 fresh blueberries
Two large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup flavorless oil -corn, vegetable, or canola
3/4 cup whole milk plain yogurt, preferable at room temperature
One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Three tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
How I make my blueberry yogurt cake
This cake is easy to make. Once you round up all your ingredients, you only need a wooden spoon and a couple mixing bowls. You could use an electric mixer, but that is not necessary. We use oil instead of butter to give the cake a moist and soft texture. It is delicious.
Place a rack in the center of the oven. And preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit Then butter, or spray an 8-inch cake pan with a nonstick vegetable spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
Topping: In a medium-size bowl, whisk sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add the butter and whisk again until crumbs form.
- Next, using a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/4 cups of the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, and the salt.
- Then you will place the blueberries in a separate bowl and toss the berries with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour (this will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the pan’s bottom during baking.)
- In another large bowl, whisk together, the eggs, vegetable the oil, yogurt, and the pure vanilla extract.
- Stir in the sugar. Then add the eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla extract mixture to the dry flour mixture. Stir well until just combined.
- Next, you will gently fold in the flour-coated blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan-smooth the top with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula.
- Spread the topping evenly over the top of the batter.
- Then bake in the preheated oven for approximately 55 minutes. Use the toothpick tester to verify readiness. If it comes out clean after you have inserted it in the center of the cake, the cake is ready. Once baking completes, remove the cake from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Serve warm or cold.