My sweet-and-tart flavor ooey-and-gooey texture cranberry butter bars are easy to love and easy to make. You may use fresh or dried cranberries-either way; they are a crowd-pleaser.
How I make my ooy and gooey cranberry butter bars
- One box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, cooled slightly
- One egg
- Two teaspoons orange zest
- One (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted, cooled slightly
- Three eggs
- 2 cups fresh or dried cranberries
- One tablespoon of powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom only of the 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir Cake Base ingredients until well blended. Press evenly in pan.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar with an electric mixer set to medium speed until smooth. Then, beat in the melted butter. Add the eggs, one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you beat. Stir in cranberries. Pour and evenly spread batter into pan over the cake base.
- Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until golden brown and center sets. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle one tablespoon powdered sugar over the top. Using a sharp knife, cut into six rows by four rows, cleaning the knife blade after each cut. Serve with whipped cream. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.