Jamaican style banana cake
This tasty Jamaican style of banana cake needs no icing. Just sprinkle with granulated sugar if you wish. Either way, it will make you want to nibble on it all day. Some people like to have it with ice cream.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Two eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Three ripe bananas, mashed
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking powder
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One pinch salt
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground pecans or other nuts
- Combine the butter with the sugar and mix until creamy
- Stir in the eggs and mix well, then add the milk, bananas, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut flakes, and pecans.
- Mix well, then spoon the batter in a small baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350f for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Let it cool down before serving. Sprinkle with granulated sugar (optional)
- Serve with ice cream