Sweet potato banana bread is an experiment that turns out good. If you gave it a try, it will turn as good as mine, or even better. No hype! It’s delicious. You can skip the buttermilk and add applesauce, and you’ll have a purely plant-based bread. This recipe has a lot of potentials. Stay tuned for more.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- One cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- One tsp ground cinnamon
- one tsp baking powder
- One teaspoons baking soda
- one tsp salt
- One cup ripe banana (blended)
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato (diced and blended until smooth)
- Two eggs
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9×13 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, buttermilk, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream eggs, olive oil, and sugar.
- Add sweet potato, banana, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Combine flour and egg mixtures. Mix until well combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake the batter for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.