1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
One teaspoon baking powder
One teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
One teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Two large ripe bananas ( mashed)
One cup of green apple (blended)
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (or melted coconut oil)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
One large egg, at room temperature
One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheight. Then spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Or use paper cupcake liners.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then set aside.
- Use a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, mash the bananas. Set your stand mixer to medium speed and beat in the apple, melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Then pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients- beat or whisk until well incorporated. If you are adding nuts or chocolate chips, fold them in now. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon the batter into liners, filling them to the top. Bake for about 21-23 minutes, give or take.
- Allow muffins to cool for about 6 minutes in the muffin pan before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Muffins will stay fresh if covered at room temperature for a few days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.