- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Two large ripe bananas ( mashed)
- 1/4 unsalted butter, melted (skip the salt if you use salted butter)
- Two large eggs, at room temperature
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheight. Then line the bottom of a 5X9 nonstick loaf pan with parchment paper.
Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then set aside.
Use a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the brown sugar, olive oil, and butter until well blended. Then add the eggs one at a time. Beat until the mixture is smooth. Next, mix in the milk and the mashed
Then pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients- beat or stir until well incorporated. If you are adding nuts or chocolate chips, fold them in now. The batter will be thick.
Next, pour the batter in the prepared and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean–about 55-60 minutes. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn it out on a wire rack to finish cooling.