Classic Banana Bread
This Aunt Betsy’s inspired classic banana bread is moist fruity and delicious. The fruity banana flavor and aroma are savoring.
- Three very ripe medium bananas-mashed
- Two cups all-purpose flour
- One cup sugar
- One teaspoon cinnamon powder
- One teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- Two eggs
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water (or milk)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9″ x 5″-inch loaf pan. Place bananas in a medium bowl, then mash with a fork.
- Next, combine butter and sugar, and eggs.
- Next, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Next, add the mashed bananas to the sugar mixture. Stir well. Then stir in the milk and the flour. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Next, pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the cake for 35 to 37 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.