Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread With Cream Cheese Frosting
What can I say about my pumpkin spice quick bread except it’s delicious-mild and soft? And the cream cheese topping gives it an extra boost that’s pleasing to the taste buds.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
One teaspoon baking soda
One tablespoon Pumpkin Spice
½ teaspoon salt
One teaspoon nutmeg powder
1 cup light brown sugar
Two large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable
1 cup pumpkin puree
One tablespoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine softened
- One tablespoon milk
- One teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the following dry ingredients: All-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg powder-then set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer set to medium speed, beat the eggs and the vegetable oil.
- Next, add the vanilla, and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Next, using a spatula, fold in the pumpkin puree.
- Next, use the spatula to stir in the dry ingredients until fully incorporated (don’t over mix)
- Next, pour batter into a prepared 8×4 loaf pan.
- Bake batter in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 58-62 minutes. Or when a toothpick that you have inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool before frosting.
How To Prepare The Frosting
Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar slowly at low speed until fluffy. Spread over the top of the loaf.