- 1 1/2cups packed brown sugar
- One cup butter softened
- One teaspoon vanilla
- One egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- One cup all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, use a whisk or a hand mixer set to medium speed or a stand mixer and beat brown sugar, butter and egg until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla until incorporated.
- Next, stir in the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt.
- Next, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Then, use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the batter for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.