Healthy Whole wheat banana bread
This whole wheat banana bread is a winner. It is healthy, delicious, and comforting.
- Two very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- One teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk combine the mashed bananas and the sugar.
- Then, add the milk, olive oil, and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Next, in a medium bowl combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Then, add the dry ingredients to the mashed banana and sugar mixture-stir until just combined.
- Then, pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with rolled oats or any desired nuts.
- Bake the loaf for 42 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.