Nutty Chocolate Chip Rock Cookies
These snicker doodle-like nutty chocolate chip cookies are fantastic. They are perfect to munch on any time of day.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 chocolate chunks, or milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- Set your electric mixer to medium speed, beat the granulated sugar, powdered sugar, salt, vegetable oil, and butter until creamy.
- Next, beat in vanilla.
- Add the flour and beat on low speed until flour is almost fully incorporated. (don’t overbeat).
- Then fold in chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Next, drop cookies on your favorite cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.