Two cups of all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 2/3 cups of granulated sugar
One tsp baking powder
One tsp baking soda
One tsp nutmeg
One tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
One cup of mayonnaise
1/4 peanut butter
3/4 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- Set your electric mixer to medium speed-beat the granulated sugar, butter, salt, peanut butter, vegetable oil, eggs, and mayonnaise until creamy.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg.
- Then, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture-stir with a spatula until the flour is almost fully incorporated. (don’t over mix).
- Then fold in the hazelnuts.
- Next, pour the batter into a 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake batter in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes. Or use the toothpick method.