There’s no question that the perfect way to use up overripe bananas is to make banana bread! Of course, there are many banana bread recipes. But there is none like my unique New Year Banana Bread Recipe. It is super soft and moist. And the addition of cranberries adds a slight tanginess to the flavor. Enjoy it while it is warm. Serve with tea, coffee, or hot chocolate.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- One tsp baking soda
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room (browned).
- Two eggs large
- Three bananas overripe ripe bananas, mashed
- One cup dried cranberries (softened in warm water and drained)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a loaf pan with a cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl, then whisk together and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer set at high speed, cream the butter.
- Then, add the brown sugar, and mix until well combined and lighter in color. (about 3 minutes.)
- Add the eggs, then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Mix the mashed bananas in
- Then add the dry ingredients and fold together until just combined.
- Next, fold in the cranberries
- Transfer batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake batter at 350F for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.